Город Джунов

Полная версия: Is Deceleration spell useful?
Вы просматриваете упрощённую версию нашего контента. Просмотр полной версии с полным форматированием.
I just tested a Deceleration Slow spell whose efficiency is 5 on several mobs.
  • On a melee mob, his speed seemed to slow down for about 0.1 second. So it's nearly no difference.
  • On an archer mob, I couldn't see any difference.
  • On a spellcaster mob, her speed slowed down for only 1 second (similar to the effect of arm injury).
Creating a Deceleration Slow spell of 5 efficiency and 10 seconds duration already requires your Astral Magic knowledge to be at least 63 and costs at least $83,000. It would be more expensive to increase the efficiency of the spell.

Is this spell useful or not?
If mob have 1actions and attacking once a 60second then with 2actions he will attack once to 30second, 4act=15sec, 8act=7.5s... If animation of attack is longer than this time, then slow/speed have no differences.
From other side if mob can attack once to one second with 15action (and animation not slowing this) then with 8action it will be 2second, 4act=4sec, 2act=8sec, 1act=16sec, slower is impossible.
melee you seen little differences because weapon have small actions and short animation
archer no difference because they have small actions and long animation
spellcaster have bigger difference because they need more actions and animation is starting after raising hand
Piter,Tuesday, 04 June 2019, 17:53 Написал:If mob have 1actions and attacking once a 60second then with 2actions he will attack once to 30second, 4act=15sec, 8act=7.5s... If animation of attack is longer than this time, then slow/speed have no differences.
From other side if mob can attack once to one second with 15action (and animation not slowing this) then with 8action it will be 2second, 4act=4sec, 2act=8sec, 1act=16sec, slower is impossible.
melee you seen little differences because weapon have small actions and short animation
archer no difference because they have small actions and long animation
spellcaster have bigger difference because they need more actions and animation is starting after raising hand[right][snapback]43960[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for explaining.

So this spell is useless against melee and archer mobs.

As for spellcaster mobs, I think the spell is still not useful because slowing down their every spellcasting for only 1 second is not very helpful. It requires too high Astral Magic knowledge (> 100) for this spell to be good so it's not worthwhile.
By the way, these spells (Deceleration Slow, Haste Fast, Paralysis, etc) could have been useful and made the game more fun to play.

But I think they weren't implemented properly and now only exist to serve as disappointments. What a waste.

I really hope there could be a new patch to fix these issues. And I also hope the patch could introduce some summoning spells which enable you to summon creatures who fight for you.
Actually, this spell can be useful against some archer-type mobs such as cyclops (as shown in this video) and some tough melee mobs.
I just realized that this spell is called "Deceleration", not "Slow". I had corrected the thread title and my posts.