Город Джунов
Question? - Версия для печати

+- Город Джунов (https://www.gipat.ru/forum)
+-- Форум English-speaking Diaspora (https://www.gipat.ru/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Форум General Discussion (https://www.gipat.ru/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Темы: Question? (/thread-1200.html)

Question? - v3001 - 22.02.2003

hi,
i think most of you know the @castspellunit code.
but i got two questions:
the first:
i am unit 100000013 if im host. player two is 1000000014. but if i enter for example: @castspellunit("healing",0,0,xxx) what do i have to write in xxx to get the spell on me or any other players. for me i can enter getleader(), but for other players? please help me.

question 2:
what does the code @cast(???) do, and how is it used in the right way?

cya

Question? - Jet - 26.02.2003

We are sorry for the delay of the reply. Rolleyes

I hope this can help you:

CastSpellUnit
Format:
CastSpellUnit( constSpell : string , x : float , y : float , Unit : object )
ww
Description:
Use the spell (constSpell) for object (Unit). Where x, y - determines where the spell effect will start.
Example from the game:
CastSpellUnit("invisibility{d2;d2;d2;d2;d2;d2;d2;d2}",50,50,Spirit)

GetObject, GetObjectByID
Format:
GetObject( idObject : float ) : object
GetObjectByID( idObject : string ) : object
Description:
Return copy of object for Unit with id: idObject. GetObject will not work with numbers larger than 999.999.999, use GetObjectByID instead.
Example from game:
AddObject( Salut, GetObject( 196568 ) )
PodMaster = GetObjectByID( "927062" )

Cast
Format:
Cast( Unit : object , x : float , y : float )
Description:
Use active ( Unit ) spell for place (x,y).
Limitation:
1. Select the active spell first (may use SetSpellAggression).
2. The spell must be intended for the place but not for the unit.
There are no examples of this command in the game.

Question? - v3001 - 26.02.2003

thank you very much. thats just what i was looking for. i played around a lot in the last days, and found out some cool stuff. the AI of monsters is really funny and easy to manipulate. but it can be a totally new experience when you command a buch of monsters to attack another group. some of these fights are really powerfull.
thanks again for helping me,
the getobjectbyid was the thing i seeked i think.
cya

Question? - Irenicmad - 26.02.2003

to v3001

Could you please describe your computer in detail and how many monsters on the screen during the battle it can handle. I mean the beast group battle.

Question? - shackahn - 27.02.2003

someone explain to me what all this is about and how i can do what your doing please

Question? - Jet - 27.02.2003

I think, v3001 can explain. :protest:
:pray:
Smile

Question? - v3001 - 27.02.2003

i was inspired by something i found on the net. it is some scripts to make the undead in gipat battle the skelletons.
well, actually i had zombies in cave to my support before that, but that was one point when i really got interested.
to get to the point: i take lets say in gipath brigands loot quest, some of the boars you pass on your way to the first bridge with the goblins behind it. then you make those goblins and those boars to fight each other. if you like you give one of the goblins a healing spell, or an firearrow. then you let them kill each other. you just stand there and watch them.
the best fight i made up, but stupid as i am i didnt make a script for it, was in suslanger. i called together 2 ogres 3 trolls some spiders+hyenas(however they are spelled) and most of the humans on the map. then you make humans vs the whole group. that really rocks. in the end the trolls won. partly because one of them could cast acidfog, and partly because trolls have a very good regeneration as you know. especially with a strength spell on them...
thats what im doing in the last time. learn more about the AI and about commands. its fun making a group out of humans+snow tigers, and let them hunt trolls. you dont get any exp if a monster kills anotherone, so its really just a "cinma". i also take some monsters with myself when i travell the map, for example some boars which take the hits, and i cast behind them my deadly firespells. or when you watch the portal warlord, as he wipes out any living thing around him. thats fun.
damn i start writing without end again. hafffan guys,
bye.

Question? - Jet - 27.02.2003

This is a nice story.:up: Npc vs npc battle is really funny, i think.
You are a good writer. Rolleyes
Can you show us any of the in game screen-shots? :roll:
I can put them in our Gallery, if you will send them on my e-mail.

Question? - v3001 - 27.02.2003

i already posted some in the nival forum. but theyre old. not too spectacular. ill make some funny new ones. give me a bit of time and there will be some.