Database infos
Hi there.

Thank you for your replies Big Grin

Крошка,Friday, 26 June 2009, 07:23 Написал:(...)
Not becose SHOULD be in Russian, but becose they made by Russians or Russian-speaking people. You can made your oun mods and add-ons. And they will be mostly in English.
Hmm I meant that since the majority of players is russian, most stuff (and better) will more likely be russian! Tongue

Крошка,Friday, 26 June 2009, 07:23 Написал:Heh, here we have a BIG problem. If there were many dicribtions of ALL databaseLmp, some people can use it wrong way. Some people use it now, but they mast spend many time for finding out such information, like you need. But if it were full discribtions, it will be much more such people and EI will be spoiled. So you must use this parted information.
An advice - find databasemaker and learn by practice. (Like me B))
Forgot about that problem... Sad
But I don't understand them hackers... what's the fun and challenge in having all right from the start? Huh

ALtair,Friday, 26 June 2009, 08:49 Написал:(...)
You're right talking about "levels" and "balance", there are indeed formulas behind all this database stuff. I can provide you with this internal formulas for you to be sure they are the right ones. Also I can give you a brief description of any database field used by the engine.

There is too much info for this one message, so I suggest you to ask the concrete questions, so I can answer them one by one.
Ah thank you very much!
I've been a bit busy lately, but as soon as I have time, I will start pounding you with questions! xD

ALtair,Friday, 26 June 2009, 08:49 Написал:Also, I will be glad to hear your proposals on modifying the database. And you didn't mention your target, what are you aiming for?
[right][snapback]39467[/snapback][/right]
I gave in my first post a brief discription of my aiming.
But I can elaborate Wink

Most stuff will be for single play only, because I don't really find anyone to play, or those that I can find use different mods (and mostly russian).

So I have to make changes that allow a single player to be able to make the quests (normal game is impossible to make the dragon master quest with 1 player)
Basically I wish change the formulas that apply to all equipment and npcs so that diamond level equipment matches hardest cave enemies (normal diamond is equal to easiest cave enemies - level 20).
I also with to diverse things a bit more, so more equipment gets to be used and enemy stats have some sense to them.
Example: It never made any sense to me that a big black troll has exactly the same stats as a human guard on suslanger. Also it does not make sense that mage and melee guards have the same stats... a human melee player has more to attack/defense than a human mage player...
Also it does not make any sense to me: blueprints that use cheap material (cloth or leather) have a huge price (suslanger leather)... where the material is like a tiny fraction of the armor price.

I also intend to change weapon stats.
My logic would be: bigger weapons are harder to manage, so they will be less precise. The effect? Longer action, and higher damage variation. But more average damage.
In normal EI, daggers make 0.4 to 1.6 multiplier to average damage (damage varies a lot).
But in my logic, dagger is a small weapon, so it is easy to manage. Therefore it should be a precise weapon, and its damage should be more like 0.9 to 1.1 multiplier to average damage (same as normal bows and crossbows).

I hope this is understandable! Tongue
Ответ

Сообщения в этой теме
Database infos - от psychotrix - 19.06.2009, 13:17
Database infos - от Крошка - 19.06.2009, 19:09
Database infos - от psychotrix - 25.06.2009, 16:29
Database infos - от Крошка - 26.06.2009, 11:23
Database infos - от ALtair - 26.06.2009, 12:49
Database infos - от psychotrix - 04.07.2009, 13:48
Database infos - от ALtair - 04.07.2009, 22:05
Database infos - от psychotrix - 05.07.2009, 14:12

Перейти к форуму:

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)