Database infos
Hi there.

My introduction:
I've been search mods and informations about Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul since I've known about the balance mod.

I can't seem to find any links to good or custom mods anymore except a few things in Russian that do not work for me (I cannot read russian, and I have the UK version of the game - or is it US? :S )

I got a few from lotar's site, but most of them have no description or are in russian, so I have no clue to what they do.
I also have a few characters developed with Eraser's Mod and Arak's Mod (not sure if this is the right name).
Those are the only ones that seem really like the guy who made them was trying to make something serious Tongue

My analysis:
Since I am kind of a maths and stats freak, I started making and compiling datasheets about stuff in the game (enemies, materials, armors, weapons, etc). I figured that almost ALL stats in the game have mathematical formulas to it, and I pretty much figured aproximations to them, long before I even knew what balance mods were and that those database files were available.

One thing I see on the descriptions of the mods and modmakers seems that they have no clue as to all the math involved in the game. So they actually have a hard time making "balanced" stuff.
I was actually shocked to see on Eraser's mod the thing about the blueprints and materials bug, because that meant at the time that he had no clue about how the calculations applied on material x equipment... That detail pretty much removed all my interest on the mod...

On my research I pretty soon figured that all stuff related to the player and the player can use is divided to 20 levels. But enemy NPCs are divided to 32 levels (bosses included).
Each of these levels has its own durability value, its own price, its own mana, its own damage average, etc...
This kind of logic is quite simplistic to me, but I never saw anyone remotely referring to this logic...
(level 1 enemy = weakest gipath boars, toads, bats, level 29 enemy = strongest shadows in cave)
(level 1 player = stone dagger and some cloth blueprints, level 16 player = strongest meteorite khadigan armor and 1.4M gold weapons, level 20 player = all diamond stuff)

My motivation:
Since the resulting mathimatical progressions applied to all 32 enemy levels are a bit different from those applied to all 20 player levels, I started making a mod of my own based on the same logic: mathematical formulas I have also seen that many levels are not used in the game (there is no material or equipment on levels 17, 18 and 19)
So, I aim to make such mathimatical progressions that a level 20 player's stuff equals a level 28 human at least.
I aim to broad equipment a little more, so more stuff really gets to be used (means some weaker stuff will become even weaker, and stronger even stronger, but enemy armor will change accordingly Tongue).

EDIT:This also is for one player only in multiplayer quests, 'cause it's impossible for me to find anyone to play, and those that I find, there is a considerable danger of hacks/non legit, different mods, etc.

However I can't seem to find enough information for me to know what exactly am I mess with in the database.
There is a lot of unused stuff in the MP database and I intend to make use of all of them.

All of the tables have columns that are for those mathematical formulas and calculations. But many other columns I have no clue what they are for (example: completion column on MonsterPrototypes table).

My question:
Is there anyway I can get complete information about what each column is?

Thank you.
-psychotrix
Ответ

Сообщения в этой теме
Database infos - от psychotrix - 19.06.2009, 13:17
Database infos - от Крошка - 19.06.2009, 19:09
Database infos - от psychotrix - 25.06.2009, 16:29
Database infos - от Крошка - 26.06.2009, 11:23
Database infos - от ALtair - 26.06.2009, 12:49
Database infos - от psychotrix - 04.07.2009, 13:48
Database infos - от ALtair - 04.07.2009, 22:05
Database infos - от psychotrix - 05.07.2009, 14:12

Перейти к форуму:

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)