Database infos
ALtair,Saturday, 04 July 2009, 18:05 Написал:(...)
You're talking about abstact actions without concrete proposals. I've been asking about the last ones. For example, you've said you "wish to change the formulas that apply to all equipment...". How exactly do you want to change them? You've said something about weapons later, but nothing about the armours, spells, perks, quick items, npcs.
[right][snapback]39489[/snapback][/right]
Ah, yes.

Well, at this point it is still hard to say precise values because I am still experimenting.
But the method I use is the following:

I had excel tables on all stuff that is observable by the human player (npcs, weapons and armor blueprints, materials, wand blueprints, runes, spells, etc) made on my own before I even knew about the balance mod. The balance mod files (txt database) helped me refine, confirm and correct my own excel tables.

From those tables I can figure out aproximate formulas for how all stats for each level are calculated (durability, damage, armor for equipment and material, health, average damage, armor, etc for npcs... runes seem to be a bit different).

I then make a copy of those tables and apply my own formula to each level.
Then I simply match the levels on my own excel table to the levels on the EI database.
My formulas are only changing the overall damage and armor values for now (equipment and npcs), as I have to leave the rest intact to maintain proper balance.

The final concrete result can only be seen when I try it ingame, especially due to the material x equipment multiplier behavior.

Its hard for me to explain concrete stuff without putting here a bunch of mathematical calculations and explanations...

One thing I did is see at what levels materials and weapons exist (I haven't yet made the armors) on all levels and then try to reorganize them to fit levels in a nice evenly distributed fashion.
For an example on materials:
At level 20 only diamond exists... I leave it that way.
At levels 19, 18, 17, 15, 13 and 10, no materials exist.
At levels 16, 14, and 12, two materials exist (dragon hide and metal)
At levels 11, 9 and 7, three materials exist (troll hide, dragon bone and metal)
At level 8, only snow tiger skin exists.
At levels lower than 7, theres is always more than one material on each level (leather, bones, stone, fur and cloth)
All cloths are at level 1!

What I do is re-organize materials so that EACH level has AT LEAST one material and AT MOST three (this includes putting cloths at different levels).

I use same logic for weapon blue prints and will use same logic for armor blue prints.

The concrete example I remember to give, is right now, I put stone spear at level 1.
My values for level 1 are: average damage 60 (normal is 55), and armor value for material 1.2 (normal is 3.3). Since In previous posts I said big weapons are harder to handle and should be less precise, that would mean they would have higher damage variation.

So the final values for the stone spear will be:
Damage stuff:
--Average normal damage for blueprint is 60.
--Damage variation is 0.5 to 1.5 the average, and weapon damage multiplier is 1.2, so blueprint final damage will be 36 to 108.
--Stone material, which I put at level 2, but 1.4 damage value, the final damage for stone spear will be:
--- 36*0.14 to 108*0.14 = 5 to 15.
Price will be the same for level 1 normal weapon: 80. Material will be normal for level 2: 8 per stone.

As for an obsidian spear, i put the obsidian at level 8, costing 600 and having damage value of 2.9, the spear total damage will be 10 to 31.

But these values are temporary for now, I still have to make some trials.
Is this understandable? Blush

EDIT: minor corrections
EDIT2 a diamond example:
Level 28 NPCs have damage 180 to 334 = 257 average damage.
So I put average damage for diamond weapon blueprints at 250.
Diamond material is at 10 damage/armor value.
Diamond dagger is a very small weapon, therefore it is precise and fast. Lower damage variation, but also lower damage average.
Calculations are as follows:
Level average damage for blueprint = 250.
Weapon damage variation = 0.9 to 1.1.
Weapon damage multiplier = 0.9.
Total damage on diamond dagger blueprint = 250 * 0.9 * 0.9 to 250 * 0.9 * 1.1 = 202 to 247.
Since the material is 10.0 damage, the multiplier for equipment will be 1.
So final diamond dagger will have damage 202 to 247.
This seems fair to me against npcs whose damage goes from 180 to 334 and armor 95.

But I will have to change this exact logic if I change NPC stats at these levels.
Ответ

Сообщения в этой теме
Database infos - от psychotrix - 19.06.2009, 13:17
Database infos - от Крошка - 19.06.2009, 19:09
Database infos - от psychotrix - 25.06.2009, 16:29
Database infos - от Крошка - 26.06.2009, 11:23
Database infos - от ALtair - 26.06.2009, 12:49
Database infos - от psychotrix - 04.07.2009, 13:48
Database infos - от ALtair - 04.07.2009, 22:05
Database infos - от psychotrix - 05.07.2009, 14:12

Перейти к форуму:

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)