texture editing tutorial
texture editing tutorial
ok here goes...

1st create a new folder call it what you will in this example we will call it textures

copy textures.res and resbuil.exe into this file

create a new folder to extract textures.res to eg extracted load command console eg ms dos prompt from your start menu and change to the directory that you just made eg

C:windowsdesktoptexturesextracted>

now to extract the files type the following command exactly

resbuild.exe e textures.res *

you will see command unpacking all the files
the files should now all be unpacked in extracted file and each file should be an mmp file!

photoshop cannot read mmp files and so they must be converted...to do this download the convertor MMP Studio here

install it and then use it to convert the mmp files to dds files in a folder of your choice

for photoshop to read dds files it will need a DDS plugin for Photoshop available from here

once downloaded copy the file inot photoshops plugin then file formats folder and photoshop should now be able to read all dds files you have just created

once you have opened the file you wish to edit...save it as a bmp file then open it as a bmp file once edited in paintshop or woteva you use then open the edited bmp file in photoshop and save it a.. a dds. convert that one dds file back to a mmp file using the same convertor and copy it back into the extracted file

now you must re compile textures.res easiest way to do this is to copy resbuild.exe into extracted file...delete any previous compiled versions of texture.res and then open command line again and type exactly

resbuild.exe a textures.res *

that assumes you are in the correct directory eg

C:windowsdesktoptexturesextracted

once its doenadding all the files you will find you have a new textures.res file just copy it into res file and run game and wallah!

remember each time you create an edited texture you must re cmpile the textures.res remebering to delete any old copies in the file or else you will end up with a huge file...ne questions get me on msn shackdownhotel@hotmail.com
I cant believe its true
Ответ
as I understand it's possible to add completely new textures to the textures.res? I mean do I have to replase old texture by new one?

e.g I got texture000.mmp then edited it and got texture001.mmp... is it possible to use both of them in new textures.res and in game? or i must replace texture000 by new one?
всё пучком!
Ответ
it is possible with certain things to have "new" textures for example things such as weapons and armours that can have several textures to one piece of armour blue print can have new ones...things such as runes and spells cannot as it is not possible using the nival mod set to create new eapons or runes...as for adding the new textures for the game i will tell you as soon as i know how which shouldnt be too long hopefully...so you can creat new textures and wait for me to tell you how :drug:
I cant believe its true
Ответ
thanks shack ur always the man
Follow the rules! Never marry trolls! Die well in EI! Live free in EI! Post, post, post!
Ответ
hey shack that phlogger need a username and pass
:drug:
Follow the rules! Never marry trolls! Die well in EI! Live free in EI! Post, post, post!
Ответ
Цитата:hey shack that phlogger need a username and pass
:drug:
Oops. :-(
Please check Downloads section for new MMP Stuido version - 1.1
I'm forget to update english Download page. :drug:

To all english speaking users - Sorry for this inconvenience. :-(
Ответ
which file is the dds plugin?
i can't find it
Ответ

Перейти к форуму:

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)