EIstarter not running :(
Hi, today I installed EI Addon and can't run "EIstarter.exe", when I opening it nothing happens.
I installed it in different folder than Evil Islands.
There is something to do after installation to have possibility to open this?
I have windows 8.

Help!
Ответ
Eistarter works correctly in operating system before Windows XP, and works with the following versions of Windows are not guaranteed. Try Win XP compatibility mode, and make sure that you are using game.exe version 1.06 (md5 c4fb0cdca7356cd7e41ed18fe9cc9980)
Also, you can create a virtual machine with Win ХР and run eistarter there Smile
Движок устарел, поздно делать моды ©
Ответ
I play EI only in VMWare with Windows7 installed. EI-starter doesn't work on my real computer with Win7 at all, but inside virtual machine it works fine.
Ответ
Bargest,Thursday, 21 February 2013, 00:40 Написал:I play EI only in VMWare with Windows7 installed. EI-starter doesn't work on my real computer with Win7 at all, but inside virtual machine it works fine.
[right][snapback]41389[/snapback][/right]

Thanks! I will try with virtual machine with winXP.
But now I see error when I try run EIstarter (other version installed. PRevious ver. had about 300kb size now about 600)

"EIStarter.dll: CRC error! File content has been modified. If you run a system debugger, clear all breakpoints before running this program"

Edit: Ok run with virtual machine but Evil Islands (without/with mod) looks like this:

img687.imageshack.us/img687/1358/53281992.jpg

Maybe graphic card drivers for virual machine, but there aren't drivers for xp for my card :|
Ответ
Nirvan, EI is incorrectly works in VM with windows XP.
Try use VMWare + Windows 7 to play in EI.
Ответ
Ok, now starter works with win7 only when run as administrator, but game crashes after loading menu: img20.imageshack.us/img20/1645/16888375.jpg

But original Evil Islands working good with win8, only one problem is this that EIstarter won't run.
There is possibility to start mod without using EIstarter?
Ответ
Why are you using Win7 x64 in VMWare? EI is VERY old game, and starter is also old. It may not run under x64. Try using Win7 x32 instead.
Ответ
Ok it works with newest vmware Wink But my serwer always have 9999 ping, I unlocked 8888 and 20214 ports, allows game.exe in firewall etc.
Ответ
Try it http://www.vmware.com/support/ws55/doc/ws_...t_advanced.html
search "port forwarding" on this page.
Ответ

Перейти к форуму:

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)