More tutorials ?
If anyone have time plz post more tutorials. EVERYTHING is good(almost).
All were newbies once, more or less. Repsect that.
Ответ
you need be more specific :drug:
I cant believe its true
Ответ
Like how to use all the progs in the download place. What can be done with the them like the mod tool utils. For a example a plain tutorial on how to add the item backaratt_platemail(just a name for an armour) and how to give it a new texture(if possible). And a desciption for it and stuff like that. Maybe how to change the quests?
Ответ
i post tutorial on how to addmodify descriptions

first you need to open a dos shell eg ms dos prompt

secondly you need to create a new folder copy the texts.res file into it and also resbuild.exe

create a folder within the new folder to called descriptions

now chenge to that directory eg

cdwindowsdesktoptutorialdescriptions

once here you need to type the following command

..resbuild.exe e ..texts.res *

now all the description files will be extracted into the descriptions file you can use note pad to edit the current ones

now if u have created armour called pig armour ad added it to the bottom of the armour.txt file in the mod tools then here is what you must do to give it a description

go into your new descriptions folder go to view folder options and select show extensions of known file types

now create a new txt file in the descriptions file and you will need to name it woteva your new armour itme or woteva is called followed by the material eg

Armour Pig_adamantium

make sure you give the file no extension

after this you can edit it using notepad

the 1st line should be the items name eg pig armour then press enter to go to second line and here write the description

once this is done you will need to tell the texts.res file its been updated do this by typing this command in the dos shell

..resbuild.exe a ..texts.res *

it will tell you that it has found new files and adding descriptions

then all you need to do is copy the texts.res file back into you res folder

if you need any help you got my msm

shackdownhotel@hotmail.com

Always happy to help

also using the same method you can edit quests just extract the quest from the relative .res file textslmp.res i think :drug:
I cant believe its true
Ответ
A little note about quests:
it can edit briefings of quests and only for single player in database.res.
But databaselmp.res is part multyplayer and editing quests in here
is more complex, i am sorry.

Write mods and wait addon... Wink
Ответ
if I would like to hmm make the BOSS of a quest more powerfull and then let him drop like x20 as much and the reward shuld be 14500 gold is that possible? Ok I guess it is but isnt that VERY complex. First editing charachters, then quest?
Ответ
its really simple just find the boss usually a unique followed by type e.g unique cannibal toad=giant toad then change its health and mana to what ever you want...then find then change the items coloumn to the thing you want to drop eg material.tiger hide[1] if you want the monster to drop more than one item add a comma after each item to be droped eg material.tiger hide[1], material. troll hide[1]

as for editing quests you will need hex editor but its very simple get me on msm and i will teach :roll: :a..:
I cant believe its true
Ответ
2Nivea
why do you think that editing multiplayer quests is harder than single
Ответ

Перейти к форуму:

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)