Texture Editing Help
I have many questions with texture editing problem.
I think the community will help to new peoples to understand this process.

This is an example from me.

1. Unpack file texsample.rar to a separate folder.

2. Run mmp_in2bmp.bat to convert all *.mmp from mmp_in sub-folder to bmp format (check bmp folder).

3. Edit .bmp files in your favorite editor.

3. Run bmp2mmp_out.bat to convert them back to mmp (check mmp_out folder).

4. You must examine .dds files in dds_in (before bmp) and dds_out (after bmp) sub-folders using DxTex.exe utility before use in game.
Those files must exactly size and format (I mean A8R8G8B8 and such, and Mip-levels count). This is a very important!!!
In case different .dds files size you will get game.exe crash.

Questions and helps always welcomed. Wink

Файлы вложений
.rar   texsample.rar (Размер: 408.49 KB / Загрузок: 328)
Ответ
thankyou jet evryone will appreciate this
Follow the rules! Never marry trolls! Die well in EI! Live free in EI! Post, post, post!
Ответ
Hmm, me and my friend viruzzz are texture editing. Hes extracting the files and im doing the drawings. Im using paint, kinda crappy for it, but i dont have anny other program to do it with. We cant seem to get a new skin to work. Baisicly, I just edited a skin, and now whenever viruzzz tries to use it in ei, his computer crashes.

Why is this?
[COLOR=blue]Im affraid its true.... I am the Docter!
Ответ
i used shacks method before .. i dont know if it will do any difference but im gonna try with jets method now
Ответ
2Dr. Yukimitzu
I recomend you to use Adobe Photoshop.PC crashes because you saved your texture with different parameters.In Paint you cant controll parameters (like alpha channel )
but in photoshop you can , so the solution is - get yourself photoshop , and life would be easy.
"{}•••®/A//P][R[$®•••{}"
Ответ
so thats why the res file gets about 0.25k smaller per file Tongue (500k smaller total)
Ответ
hmm exactly how do you change that alpha channel in photoshop?
Ответ
Mephisto,31 October 2003, 18:19 Написал:2Dr. Yukimitzu
I recomend you to use Adobe Photoshop.PC crashes because you saved your texture with different parameters.In Paint you cant controll  parameters (like alpha channel )
but in photoshop you can , so the solution is - get yourself photoshop , and life would be easy.
I have photoshop limited edition, will that help?
Ответ
Yes that would help.You need a dds plugin and thats it.Then when you save it you will be asked to save it with different parameters (eg alpha channel , dxt format and other).The main problem is , that for different texture types you need to enter different parameters.So you need to experiment with different parameters until your file size would be the same as it was in a pure form.
Questions ?
"{}•••®/A//P][R[$®•••{}"
Ответ
Is it possible to add an alpha channel?
Ответ
Man forget about the alpha chanel :angry: !I just told you about some of parameters like this alpha chanel.In some textures you will have to use different parameters and settings , thats the point.
"{}•••®/A//P][R[$®•••{}"
Ответ
Sorry, this is all pritty complicated. All above my little head. :blink:
Ответ
got a little question about photoshop

how can you draw on these damn pictures.. all i can do is making "holes" in the picture, cos nomatter what color i pick i get red which is the color of the background

also how can you draw a straight line? everytime i try (still not right color)
i get some blured thing about 2x2pixelss tho it says its only 1 pixel wide

proberly not the right place to post this ... but i couldnt think of anything else Tongue
Ответ
Цитата:proberly not the right place to post this ... but i couldnt think of anything else
:angry:
Ответ
I dunno how to do that things cuz i am not the texture editor.
HINT: Try Photoshop tutorials Smile
"{}•••®/A//P][R[$®•••{}"
Ответ
wont aske where they are cos thats proberly not alowed anyway ... but where are they ? :ph34r:
Ответ
Thats allowed to ask , i think.Try using search sites like altavista or other.
"{}•••®/A//P][R[$®•••{}"
Ответ

Перейти к форуму:

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)