Few questions about Evil Islands Engine
Hi all! Its me again Smile This time I want to ask you about damage. Is there any way to calculate min and max dmg of mob - Baldie for example? Is there any wat to calculate min and max dmg of player? I know that in magic its very simple - Effect of Magic - Armor = Dmg. When we're using any armor. Which value is taking to calculations? This which is show on the map at third tab with character statistics or maybe this which is show in the show?

And another question - about probability of impact. Is there any way to calculate probabilty of impact? Everyone know that when character or mob has 0 Defense then probability is = 100%. But how to calculate it on other value - like 50 or something like that?

Sory for my english - I didn't use it long time :/
Ответ
No one can help me in this case? :/
Ответ
As I know, damage to mob by weapon have similar formula.
Random from min to max of weapon damage - Armor = Real damage to mob. Parts of player`s body have different "Armor" parameter.

About hit chance - it depends not only on "Defense" but also on "Attack" skill. So if your "Attack" skill less then "Defense" skill of mob, you can`t hit him. I think here is something like (Attack-Defence)*Random.

About chance to hit one of the parts - I think it`s some coefficient. Like 0.1*(Attack-Defence)*Random for head. Or something like that.
Ответ
IDoL,Wednesday, 03 March 2010, 20:49 Написал:As I know, damage to mob by weapon have similar formula.
Random from min to max of weapon damage - Armor = Real damage to mob. Parts of player`s body have different "Armor" parameter.[right][snapback]40117[/snapback][/right]

Ok... And another question to this. Where I have to put backstub/strenght/weakness in this formula to get real damage? What is the value of backstub on any level?

IDoL,Wednesday, 03 March 2010, 20:49 Написал:About hit chance - it depends not only on "Defense" but also on "Attack" skill. So if your "Attack" skill less then "Defense" skill of mob, you can`t hit him. I think here is something like (Attack-Defence)*Random.[right][snapback]40117[/snapback][/right]

In this formula... What is random? I mean... For example I have 60 Attack and Mob has 40 Defense. 60-40*What? 0? 10? 100? And I have assumption that hit chance depends on weapon... Warrior with 20 attack more than defense of mob is hitting much more frequently than Archer. Archer has to have something like 40-50 Attack more than mob to hit in rate similar to warrior which has 20 attack more...

Thanks for your answer...
Ответ
Glazik,Четверг, 04 Марта 2010, 17:38 Написал:Ok... And another question to this. Where I have to put backstub/strenght/weakness in this formula to get real damage? What is the value of backstub on any level?
[right][snapback]40125[/snapback][/right]
Well, I`ve simplified this formulas.
Actually, magic damage formula isn`t so simple. Here is protection from magic spells, weaknesses and strengths.
So, as I remember, backstab_lvl1 is 5*Damage, lvl2 7.5*Damage, lvl3 10*Damage.
I don`t know how actually strength and weakness modifier calculated.
As result something like that: backstab*other_modifier*Random(min,max) - Armor
If you hit mob in face backstab modifier equal to 1. Something like that.

For real formulas you can:
disassemble(it`s illegal) game.exe and find this part of code.
pass through many tests with different and same conditions, collect statistics, and investigate it...
Glazik,Четверг, 04 Марта 2010, 17:38 Написал:In this formula... What is random? I mean... For example I have 60 Attack and Mob has 40 Defense. 60-40*What? 0? 10? 100? And I have assumption that hit chance depends on weapon... Warrior with 20 attack more than defense of mob is hitting much more frequently than Archer. Archer has to have something like 40-50 Attack more than mob to hit in rate similar to warrior which has 20 attack more...
[right][snapback]40125[/snapback][/right]
So... It looks like I`m wrong. EI game system have some similarities with DnD and there:
if Attack_modifier+Rand(0,20) >= Defense then hit.
But actually EI can use something like
if ((Attack*modifiers)/Defense)*Rand(0,1) >= 1 then hit.
Maybe not. Who knows?
Archery and Melee are different skills...
You can see that different weapons have different skill modifiers.
Dexterity improvement gives one skill points in attack and defense by any additional dexterity point more then 25(and penalty if less).
I don`t know any other hit chance modifiers for weapons.
Also different weapons have different speed (as I remember).

Someone have an opinion or formulas itself?
Just interesting - why real formulas is so important?
All this text is just unproven words. Only my vision of this stuff.Smile
Ответ

Перейти к форуму:

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)